You are using custom landing pages for your inbound marketing campaigns, right? Your PPC traffic is not being sent to standard website pages (let alone your homepage) — is it?
If it is, you are leaving a ton of money on the table:
How can you make the most of your landing pages?
Key Components of an Effective Landing Page
Unlike standard web pages, campaign landing pages have one major objective: to achieve the conversion goal critical to your business’ success. More often than not, this involves converting visitors into leads.
To achieve this all-important goal, follow these best practices:
Reduced navigation menus: narrow the chance of your visitors leaving (before converting) by limiting available navigation options to mission-critical links such as “contact us”, “resources”, or “pipeline”.
Headline: your H1 page headline should have an intrinsic connection with the ad language that brought visitors to your page. It should clearly and concisely answer the question, “What will visitors who convert on this page receive?”
- Image: landing pages with a relevant image give visitors a tangible idea of what they will receive and make landing pages more visually appealing.
- Value-based copy: effective copy lists benefits briefly and clearly. Use bullet points to demonstrate takeaways and break up large blocks of text.
- Clear CTA: Your call to action (CTA) button should combine design and copywriting best practices. Avoid generic words like ‘submit’; use action words (‘download’, ‘register’) instead. Make your buttons stand out with contrasting colors that can’t be missed.
- Testing: Maximize conversions by running A/B tests on your landing pages. Keep your results simple by only comparing a control page against a variation with one minor or major difference at a time.
We are here to help! For assistance optimizing your landing pages for conversions, email us at email@example.com
Consult these other sources for additional information on landing pages that convert:
- Top Five Tips for Creating Effective Forms
- Classic Landing Page Mistakes You’re Probably Still Making
- 20 Landing Page Best Practices — Backed Up by Case Studies, Statistics and Data