Content and Communications Specialist
Content and Communications Specialist
Client Services - Creative
The Content and Communications Specialist works on a diverse mix of assignments for biotech, life science and biopharma brands in a high-energy, collaborative environment. This person will bring creativity that will appeal to our target audience through print, digital and social mediums. They will handle the ideation and creation of compelling content including website copy, white papers, blog posts, social media content, and product/service descriptions. They are responsible for adding value by actively engaging customers/stakeholders and maintaining a cohesive brand voice. Additional tasks may include analyzing marketing metrics and collaborating across departments in order to execute brand initiatives.
The Content and Communications Specialist should have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement and drive leads. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material. They should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines. Success in this role will be dependent on the candidate’s ability to multitask, manage stakeholders and develop creative, high quality marketing assets while keeping to deadlines.
This position reports directly to the SVP of Client Services.
- Assists in determining a project's overall content requirements and strategy
- Writes and edits copy throughout the lifecycle of each project
- Performs research and properly communicates information from life science publications and/or medical references
- Maintains appropriate tone, adhering to clients’ style guide while checking for errors in grammar, punctuation, and style
- Work with Client Services and Creative team members to help set guidelines for the editorial tone, style and voice of the content including create innovative content ideas
- Maintains a high standard in the presentation of all work to internal and client audiences
- Actively manage and promote the HDMZ blog, and pitch article to relevant third-party platforms as appropriate
- Help create thought leadership content, including but not limited to: Blog posts, bylines, whitepapers, infographics, video scripts, case studies, etc.
- Proofread content through the lifecycle of the project and edit content produced by other members of the team
- Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment and must work collaboratively with others
- Highly creative with good written and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure, while managing multiple deadlines with minimal supervision
- Adept at managing large volumes of projects quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert level attention to detail is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field is required
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- 2-5 years of copywriting, agency and life science writing experience
To create a new kind of marketing partner – one with exceptional strategic, scientific, creative and digital talent that can affect real change by lifting life science brands beyond their technologies and facilitating effective, meaningful and authentic conversations with customers and other important stakeholders. We have our sights set on working with the world's most important companies solving the most pressing scientific and healthcare challenges of today.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer comprehensive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K. Please include a cover letter, resume and compensation requirements.